MOVING BOXES & SUPPLIES
There are many sizes, heights, types, strengths, quality, and purposes for moving boxes. Here are some of the more commonly used boxes and box specifications:
- * 1.5 cubic foot moving box: Also known as the " small box" . This is often referred to as the book or record box. Usually used for small heavy items like books, records, cans, food, kitchen ware, flatware. ( to name a few...) Best recommended for lighter overall lifting experience.
- * 3 cubic foot moving box: Also known as the "medium box" . This is often referred to as lampshade box. Ideal for a little heavier, mid range lifting experience.
- * 4.5 cubic foot moving box: Also know as the " large box". Ideal for softer, lighter items such as pillows, blankets, throws, towels, plush toys, folded clothing, etc.
- * 6 cubic foot moving box: Also ideal for larger and softer items. Heavy items not recommended for this size.
- * Dish Boxes: Also know as " dish barrel box". This is recommended for packing and stowing dishes, plates, small platters, glassware and the like. Extra support and cushioning is required to keep breakables snug and separate from each other to avoid touching, scratching or even breaking.
- * Dish Inserts: This is usually the cardboard dividers placed between breakable items. This is recommended for delicate items such as dishes, glassware, figurines and collectable items.
- * Picture or Mirror Boxes. Ideal and recommended for moving and storing most art work and picture pieces. This is usually a two part box that may be nestled within itself or can also expand to suit larger wall décor items.
- * Wardrobe Moving Boxes: Ideal for moving and storing clothing items directly from his or her closets, eliminating the need to un-hanger and crush delicate clothing pieces. Recommended for immediate and easy loading and unloading of closet essentials. Goes from hanger to box to hanger with ease.
- * Packing paper- plain: This is industry standard, plain packing paper. It is used to wrap delicate items in order to add extra cushioned support between fragile items.
- * Tissue paper - This is also industry standard, light paper. The tissue paper is best used to fill in pockets and gaps between delicate items within the moving dish box.
- * Bubble wrap - This is a bubbled plastic blanket. This may be optional depending on the size and weight of items being wrapped. It is used to provide extra support and buffering between shatterable items. Bubble wrap is also a true favourite when wrapping picture, mirrors or ornate and intricate items.
- * Packing tape & 7 Sealing tape - This is a clear or coloured tape, indusrty standard, used to seal, shut and secure the boxes before transport.
- * Permanent marker - May vary in colours as well but is usually in black. Used to label and print on boxes.
- * Re-sealable plastic bags - Industry standard. Usually used to hold small items such as nuts, bolts and nails.