- RESIDENTIAL MOVING
We specialize in Residential Moves because we live in residences too. There is no greater feeling than moving to a great neighborhood. New beginnings are on the horizon, but you’re excited, anxious and nervous at the same time. We know that the process of pulling up roots can be one of the more stressful times for many. Whether downsizing from a larger home to a smaller one, or upsizing form a smaller to a larger home, we can help. If you're making a lateral move from a condo, loft or a city town home, we can help. If you're moving from Toronto's city center to the quiet suburbs, we can help as well. We can make you're move quick and painless so that you can get back to feeling excited about those new beginnings and that new horizon.
If you're moving from a bigger to a smaller place, chances are you will be needing some extra space. Storage works well for long or short term holds, renovations, transitions or downsizing. Our customers find much needed value in our Storage Facility Services. We have an excellent relationship with many local and off site storage companies. We achieve excellent rates, so that we can offer this to you, our clients. We offer a wide range of unit sizes, up or down levels, elevator access or drive up access.
- PACKING AND UNPACKING
The key to a successful move lies in its packing job. The better the packing and stowing job then the better and the easier the move will be. Our professional packing team will invest the time to cradle each item specific to its size, weight and value. We know that you're belongings are precious to you; your satisfaction and peace of mind is precious to us. Queens Quay Moving Ltd., team members are able to help with the packing as much or as little as needed. We offer inclusive or exclusive Packing & Unpacking services.
- MOVING BOXES & SUPPLIES
There are many sizes, heights, types, strengths, quality, and purposes for moving boxes. Here are some of the more commonly used boxes and box specifications:
- * 1.5 cubic foot moving box: Also known as the " small box" . This is often referred to as the book or record box. Usually used for small heavy items like books, records, cans, food, kitchen ware, flatware. ( to name a few...) Best recommended for lighter overall lifting experience.
- * 3 cubic foot moving box: Also known as the "medium box" . This is often referred to as lampshade box. Ideal for a little heavier, mid range lifting experience.
- * 4.5 cubic foot moving box: Also know as the " large box". Ideal for softer, lighter items such as pillows, blankets, throws, towels, plush toys, folded clothing, etc.
- * 6 cubic foot moving box: Also ideal for larger and softer items. Heavy items not recommended for this size.
- * Dish Boxes: Also know as " dish barrel box". This is recommended for packing and stowing dishes, plates, small platters, glassware and the like. Extra support and cushioning is required to keep breakables snug and separate from each other to avoid touching, scratching or even breaking.
- * Dish Inserts: This is usually the cardboard dividers placed between breakable items. This is recommended for delicate items such as dishes, glassware, figurines and collectable items.
- * Picture or Mirror Boxes. Ideal and recommended for moving and storing most art work and picture pieces. This is usually a two part box that may be nestled within itself or can also expand to suit larger wall décor items.
- * Wardrobe Moving Boxes: Ideal for moving and storing clothing items directly from his or her closets, eliminating the need to un-hanger and crush delicate clothing pieces. Recommended for immediate and easy loading and unloading of closet essentials. Goes from hanger to box to hanger with ease.
- * Packing paper- plain: This is industry standard, plain packing paper. It is used to wrap delicate items in order to add extra cushioned support between fragile items.
- * Tissue paper - This is also industry standard, light paper. The tissue paper is best used to fill in pockets and gaps between delicate items within the moving dish box.
- * Bubble wrap - This is a bubbled plastic blanket. This may be optional depending on the size and weight of items being wrapped. It is used to provide extra support and buffering between shatterable items. Bubble wrap is also a true favourite when wrapping picture, mirrors or ornate and intricate items.
- * Packing tape & 7 Sealing tape - This is a clear or coloured tape, indusrty standard, used to seal, shut and secure the boxes before transport.
- * Permanent marker - May vary in colours as well but is usually in black. Used to label and print on boxes.
- * Re-sealable plastic bags - Industry standard. Usually used to hold small items such as nuts, bolts and nails.
- ASSEMBLY & DIS-ASSEMBLY
Sometimes items need to be dis assembled before the move can happen. Sometimes you're tool bag is no where in site. Sometimes an extra pair or two of hands are just what is needed. Ask us about our Furniture Assembly or Disassembly Service. Well be more that happy to help.
Available upon request.
- SPECIALTY MOVING
- BOX DELIVERY
The average person buys or gets 10 to 20 boxes for their move but will often run out. Even the most avid packer will still run short on boxes because certain items should be grouped together. On moving day or even the day before, there will be a mad rush to get more and more boxes for your move. To off set panic Queens Quay Moving Ltd., will provide and deliver as many boxes as the move specifies. Please ask us about our great rates on Boxes and Supplies. Please consult a "box calculator" that specifies: Home square footage verses small, medium, large, bundle of paper, dish boxes and wardrobe boxes.
- * 100 - 500 sq ft home should need -12-18 small, 8-15 medium, 3 -12 large, 1 bundle of paper, 2-5 dish and 3-5 wardrobe boxes
- * 500 - 1000 sq ft home should need - 15 -25 small, 10 -20 medium, 5-15 large, 1 bundle of paper, 3 - 6 dish and 3 -6 wardrobe boxes
- * 1000- 1500 sq ft home should need - 20-30 small, 15-25 medium, 10 - 20 large, 1 bundle of paper, 4-6 dish and 5-7 wardrobe boxes
- * 1500 - 2000+ sq ft home should need - 40-50 small, 25-35 medium, 20-30 large, 2 bundles of paper, 6-9 dish and 8 -12 wardrobe boxes